Posted: 1/9/2019 | January 9th, 2019
Happy 2019, my fellow travelers!
This is going to be a big year at Nomadic Matt HQ. I have some big personal news I’ll be sharing next week (no, I’m not getting married. Yet.) and big news about the direction of this website (I used the holidays to map out my vision for 2019) that I’ll also be sharing soon (hint: we’re going back to basics).
But, right now, I want to talk about our books.
As you all know, we offer detailed how-to guides to destinations around the world to help you plan your trip better.
They’re like a Lonely Planet or Rough Guide…but way better!
My guides are for those of you who want to break the mold and get off the well-trodden tourist path. They take what you love about this site and supercharge it. They include my favorite hostels, restaurants, and bars — spots you probably won’t find listed elsewhere!
We’re constantly expanding and improving the books so that you, the reader, can have the most up-to-date and robust information possible!
Last year, we put all our books on Kindle, solved our map issue, and added more family-friendly activities.
At the beginning of every year, we do a massive overhaul! Over the last couple of months, we have been updating these guides based on your feedback to our previous editions.
In addition to the normal updates of prices, practicalities, etc., we have also greatly expanded our books. These new editions include a bunch of new sections:
- Interesting facts about each destination
- Information about local cuisine (so you know what to try!)
- Expanded transportation sections
- A chart with the distances to/from nearby destinations
- Tips on traveling as a senior
- Tips on traveling if you’re disabled
- Ways to stay safe and scams to look out for
- Month-by-month guide listing great festivals and events to attend
- Price guide so you get an idea of how much everything should cost
Additionally, you’ll find all sorts of other good stuff in each book:
- Suggested budgets
- In-depth ways to save money
- Suggested itineraries (with maps)
- What to do and see (with a focus on free, cheap, and off-beat attractions)
- My favorite places to eat
- My favorite places to sleep
- Nightlife suggestions
- Practicalities (business hours, tourist information centers, public holiday info, electricity, phones abroad, emergency and legal information, visa guidelines, LGBTQ travel tips, best times to visit, etc.)
- Transportation maps
- A history section
- Book and movie suggestions related to the destination
- Language sections
Below is a list of all our destination guidebooks (if you purchase a book as a PDF, you get the second one for an additional 50% off too):
NOTE: PDFs can be read on iPads and iPhones via the iBooks app if you get the PDF version.
Additionally, we’re now offering bundles of our books too:
- The Asia Bundle – Get all our Asia guides PLUS our travel hacking guide for one low price! This bundle is only
$50$24.99!! That’s 50% off the original price!
- The Europe Bundle – Get all our Europe guides PLUS our travel hacking guide for one low price! This bundle is only
$60$24.99!! That’s 60% off the original price!
- Our Complete Collection – Get EVERY guide we sell for one low price! This bundle is only
$120$39.99!! That’s 66% off the original price!
The Ultimate Guide to Travel Hacking
Lastly, we just updated our book on travel hacking. If you’re looking to learn how to master points and miles in the new year and not pay for flights or accommodation, pick up our new edition. The price is $9.99 (regularly $29.99), and the new update includes:
- New award charts (and other charts throughout the book)
- Best new cards to get
- Completely updated information on credit and credit scores
- More tips on how to manufacture spending in 2019
- Everything in the book has been updated (as you know this information changes quickly, so be sure to get this version to make sure you know how to travel hack the right way for 2019)
(Note: If you already own a copy of this book, a new version is on its way to you! After all, you get updates for life when you purchase this book!)
So that’s it for today!
I’ll have more news and regular stories coming next but we worked hard on these books and I want to share our new beautiful babies with you!
If you have any questions, leave them in the comments!
Book Your Trip: Logistical Tips and Tricks
Book Your Flight
Find a cheap flight by using Skyscanner or Momondo. They are my two favorite search engines because they search websites and airlines around the globe so you always know no stone is left unturned.
Book Your Accommodation
You can book your hostel with Hostelworld as they have the largest inventory. If you want to stay somewhere other than a hostel, use Booking.com as they consistently return the cheapest rates for guesthouses and cheap hotels. I use them all the time.
Don’t Forget Travel Insurance
Travel insurance will protect you against illness, injury, theft, and cancellations. It’s comprehensive protection in case anything goes wrong. I never go on a trip without it as I’ve had to use it many times in the past. I’ve been using World Nomads for ten years. My favorite companies that offer the best service and value are:
Looking for the best companies to save money with?
Check out my resource page for the best companies to use when you travel! I list all the ones I use to save money when I travel – and that will save you time and money too!
The post UPDATES: New and EXPANDED Editions of Our Guidebooks! appeared first on Nomadic Matt's Travel Site.